Monday, June 20, 2011

Zoo



Hey Everyone!



My name is Xiruo, and I am very happy to share my life in DC with you!



Last Sunday, my friends and I went to National Zoo. The Zoo is located at 3001 Connecticut Avenue NW. It is very easy to access, you can take the Red Line to the Woodley Park-Zoo/Adams Morgan stop.


There are more than 2,000 animals from 400 different species reside at the National Zoo, from very very small insects to very very big elephants. From the map, you can see there are many different parts at the National Zoo. Kids' Farm and Amazonia Habitat are my favorite.


In the Kids' Farm, there are a number of tame animals, and you can easily observe and touch them. In the Amazonia Habitat, there is a living tropical forest with more than 350 species of plants, including 50-foot-tall trees, tropical vines, and epiphytes.


Unfortunately, we didn't see the panda this time. We will definitely come back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment